Thursday * July 31st 2014

Crochet mood blanket 2014 (1)

Good morning my friend!

A new start of the year with a new project…

You can nerver guess how much I am excited by this project!!

Let me tell you all about it so maybe you join me…

A  lovely Instagram friend (Mummy_Stacey) is behind this project. She suggested to make 1 square per day or 1 square per week during 2014 depending on your mood…

If you make 1 square per day you’ll have end2014 a blanket with a total of 365 squares.

If you make 1 square per week (and here you can crochet a bigger square) you’ll end up with a blanket of 52 squares.

You choose each day (or week) a color to crochet your square with and this color must reflect the mood you are in…

You can have more details and info on Mummy-Stacey instagram here.

There is a facebook group too for all the members. And a ravelry group.

I decided to join the fun and make a square/day. I chose carefully the design of my square. It is a very simple one. 5 rows of 12 treble each and a last round of 1sc-3ch-1sc around the square to join it to the others as I go…

january1

January 1 : light purple: Feeling very sleepy all day long

Here are my squares joined -as-I-go so far:

january1-2-3

January 2: Yellow: The energy is back and I felt in a very happy and full of energy mood :)

January3: Turquoise: I was thinking about vacations and was feeling a little blue…

Did you noticed how I joined my squares?

january1-2-3-close-up

I joined them after a 90deg rotation of each one… I love the idea of having a patchwork of crochet in the end ;)

I prepared a sheet and decided to make a blanket of 360 squares like you can see on this paper:

mood-crochet-blanket-2014-1

I will crochet 30 squares each month. When the month is 31 days I’ll have a free day ;)

mood-crochet-blanket-2014-2

I’ve already crocheted january 1, 2 and 3…

I’ll keep this sheet in my everyday filofax :)

mood-crochet-blanket-2014-3

I’ll use yarn from my stash – mostly leftovers :) and pick up the color each evening depending on how was my day …

I hope that this blanket end 2014 will be full of bright and happy colors ;)

So, my friends, did you like this wonderful idea? Would you like to join the fun?

Come on! grap your hook and crochet a square…(It can be any square you want…a granny…african flower…a square you love in particular)

Each square took me 7 minutes with the joining part…7 little minutes per day for crochet all over the year…It is easy to do… and the result will be a cherished blanket with a full year of memories behind each small part of it :D

So? Are you still thinking? We are already more than 1000 crocheters around the world…

A beautiful worldwide crochet-along :)

And we are waiting for you to join ;)

Happy day to all!

Kisses

33 Comments »Crochet mood blanket 2014, filofax

33 Responses to “Crochet mood blanket 2014 (1)”

1. Connie says:

What a great idea, can’t wait to follow your projects as you go along.

2. CHRIS says:

Hi Sucrette, Happy New Year to you and all your family. I think I might have to do this one as well.

3. Mary says:

Hi
    Good mor

I love this great idea
    Cant wait to start now
    Thank you so much ….

4. Inge says:

What a great idea!
    I have lots of leftovers.

5. Carys says:

Oh wow, I really love this idea!! I really can’t wait to see how this turns out!

6. Kerry says:

I’m planning to play along too. Love how you’ve done the 30 square chart. I hadn’t planned that bit yet. Are you doing an extra two in February?

7. Papoula says:

Hi Sucrette! I’ll make a square a day with you! I’ll use a tunisian crochet hook to this and the pattern will be mittered squares. I’ll use cotton during warm times and acrilic/wool during the cold ones. Hugs from Brasil!

8. Ada says:

I’m loving your colour choices…..I think it will be fantastic! :) x

9. Anyvette de Chile says:

Que genial ¡¡¡ si divertido, me gustó la idea ¡¡ y elijo uno por día….

Cariños

10. Ellen says:

What a great idea! I’m starting mine today. Thanks so much.

11. heather says:

I love your version of this project. Simple but the shift in orientation and the edging (and the colors of course) make it really fabulous. I am not ready to take on a 365 project but I’m loving watching everyone else take it on!

I’m also loving your planning page. I’m thinking about making something similar for my kids and having them color a mood square every day this year. Would make for some cool art at the end of 2014.

12. Carrie says:

what a great idea! was just thinking – a square could be multi coloured to reflect the mood of the day x

13. Linda says:

What a fantastic idea. LOVE IT!

14. Cindy says:

Hi Angie!, I love that idea!
    I’m definitely joing to that project, and I love how you’re always so organized with everything, I’m ashamed to be so disorganized.
    Can you tell me what’s the name of the group on fb?

xoxo retrographe.

15. lluisa says:

I have joined as well this project, I just find it wonderful. I am gonna go for the 365 squares!!
    Can’t wait to see everybody’s squares, colours, moods….

Lluisa x

16. Carolyn says:

Thanks Angie for a great idea! I’ll have to play catch-up but it shouldn’t take long to do a square for each of the past two days plus one for today!

I hope everyone who participates posts pictures somewhere of their finished afghans at the end of the year so we can all enjoy.

Can’t wait to see your finished afghan, Angie :)

Love from Carolyn Geoffrey
    Texas, USA

17. kecka zpod komonca says:

great and funny idea

18. Nikki says:

what a fab idea – I think I will join in too (better make three squares today to make up!).

19. modestine says:

What a good idea! The best project I would love to follow… I am afraid I am not reliable and organized enough but I love the idea of crocheting one square every time I can, joining them like you, thinking of you and all the followers! I wonder how many I will have in a year! I wish you and your family a happy 2014! Anne

20. Casey says:

I really like how your connecting your squares! your blanket is going to look really amazing!

I’m participating too, I’m doing a blanket of off centered granny squares :)

21. Linda Baird says:

I love the idea and it looks beautiful. I’ll have to learn the stitch
    As a beginner. I still owe two infinitity scarfs
    For winter and we’ve had 17 inches of snow
    So far and it is still early. Thank you
    For winter projects when it’s too cold to go out!

22. Isabel Campbell - Port Elizabeth SA says:

I think this is so clever!! Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with ::)

23. Stel says:

Nice idea, rotating the squares. Looking forward to seeing your blanket.

24. tyaa says:

I would love to do that! I try tomorrow ;)

25. Carol says:

Bonsoir Angie,
    Très bonne année à toi ! Tu dois lire dans mes pensées car je viens de m’acheter une “tonne” de laine pour me crocheter un jeté de canapé. Je vais donc me lancer dans l’aventure comme toi en voyant à quel rythme j’avance. Avec un peu de chances je terminerai peut être avant la fin de l’année.
    Pensées chaleureuses de France (malgré un temps plus que déprimant… heureusement que j’ai mon crochet !)

26. delphine 44 says:

hi Angie,

Je te souhaite une excellente année 2014, santé pour tous tes proches et plein de crochet coloré pour cette année !! Je vais essayer de tenter les 365 carrés de l’année 2014 !!!!!
    bizz

27. I’m joining! great idea, maybe finally I’ll make a nice blanket for my own :) I’ll make two big squares a week – every Wednesday and Saturday, can’t wait to the end :)))

Have a colorful blanket 2014! :)

28. Alejandra says:

Hola!!! una hermosa idea!!!, me uno al grupo hoy 10 de enero pero voy a hacer algunos mas rápido para ponerme a tiempo. Tengo tantos restos que me da mucho gusto!!!
    Estuve ocupada con la operación de mi esposo pero ya he vuelto a visitarte. Te cuento que voy a ser abuela en Marzo. Estamos tejiendo con mi hija cosas para fin del verano y comienzos de otoño en Argentina. Es nena!!!!! Gricel. BEsos!!!!

29. Amazing! I love your think. I am very glad to visit the site.

30. Holly says:

Can’t wait to get started on mine this weekend!!

31. Lucimar says:

Your idea inspired me for so many crochet project that I have. I love your idea!

32. Andrea says:

Hola!!!! soy de Buenos Aires y nos reunimos con un grupo de tejedoras los dias viernes cada una con su proyecto, sus ideas, sus consultas y ganas de compartir!!!!! Por eso nos llamamos “las chicas de los viernes” – inspiradas en http://craftyminx.typepad.com/a_granny_a_day/finished-blankets/, empezamos con este proyecto de un granny por dia!!! ES GENIAL!!!!!! besos enormes desde Argentina!!
    Andrea