Thursday * July 24th 2014

“Fall” in love: the graphic chart

Good morning!

How are you today?

This is, as promised, the graphic chart of the square of my actual wip blanket: “fall” in love.

classic granny

As you can see, the square is very simple and easy to make…You add on every round: 2dc,1ch,2dc in each corner…And with the last round (round4) you join the squares together (see the arrows).

square

I am enjoying too much this blanket…and loving how each square is joined to the others as-I-go…(You can learn more about this great method in the wonderful blog of Lucy here.)

I’ve made 4 rows till now:

wip4

What do you think? Do you love the autumn colors as much as I do?

Have to go now and take out all the Christmas decorations :(

Time flies…

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Kisses

42 Comments »Classic square, Crocheted blankets, free patterns

42 Responses to ““Fall” in love: the graphic chart”

1. Angie
    Thanks for sharing the graphic, and the blanket in works is being beuatiful, I love the colors, and the square have a such texture, congratulations, your cousin will be very happy with the surprise.
    Hugs
    Ivani from Brazil

2. Marcia says:

Olá,
    Obrigado por compartilhar seus trabalhos,
    esse é lindo , como os outros
    abraços,
    Marcia

3. Fiona says:

Hi Angie, It is a fabulous blanket and I am fascinated by how you have done JAYG on solid squares, I “think” you are doing 2 chains and then a join and not trebles as well like you do on a regular granny. I struggled and couldn’t get solid square JAYG to look right but yours does so I will have to practice! thank you for the inspiration Fiona

4. annie35 says:

Tu dois avoir quatre mains pour travailler aussi vite !! Jolies couleurs, merci pour le diagramme !

5. Ellen says:

THANK YOU! I am going to start one today.
    Ellen

6. Angélique says:

vraiment magnifique encore un beau projet félicitations avec de belles couleurs.

7. Janine says:

Les carrés sont absolument superbes!!! Je vais en faire ça c’est certain. Merci pour le motif et toutes les explications.

Janine de Montréal :-)

8. Lucie says:

Un grand merci pour tes explications ! J’aime beaucoup tes coloris d’automne ! Très bonne semaine à toi !

9. Janine says:

Bonjour Sucrette.

J’ai une question : si je comprends bien, il faut toujours avoir au moins deux carrés d’avance. Quand on en termine un en faisant le dernier tour on le rattache au suivant. Est-ce que j’ai bien compris?

Janine de Montréal

10. Cassandra says:

Thanks for sharing the chart, it looks super easy but from looking at your blanket you would never know how simple it is.

11. Beverly says:

Is there written instructions for this?

12. Sue says:

Thanks for the pattern. It all looks easy enough apart from the joining. I have mastered this technique using Attic 24′s instructions but this will be different with all the chains.

I am sure it will become clear when I try it out.

I love the colours in your “Fall in love” blanket. It is growing very quickly.

13. Any de Chile says:

Hola Angie,

Gracias por gráfico. Está quedando muy linda tu manta, es increible como avanzas……

Cariños…

14. Atelier Anne says:

Lovely! I am definitaly gonna try this one! Great blog! Anne

15. Casey says:

I love how the squares are joined with chains, the blanket is going to look awesome!

16. Heather says:

Very lovely, will put this on my ever growing “must make” list. Thanks for sharing, Heather x

17. wendy says:

Lovely and the mix of colours so bright!

18. Eva Lopez says:

Hello, would you be able to make a small video?

19. That looks lovely. I hope to finish a granny square I stated last year and maybe make a colorful,one next. Very beautiful. Love the colors :)

20. Faith says:

It’s beautiful! How do you find the time to be so prolific? Esp, with a new baby?? You must crochet so fast! Takes me longer to get my projects done. I love all of your work and your sweet words to all of us…your friends! Thanks!

21. domi83 says:

merci beaucoup pour ton croquis ;-) j’aime la forme de ce carré et je vais commencer un plaid avec ce motif ;-)

22. deb says:

love all the variety of colors and the simplicity of it. Thanks for the instructions.
    trying to figure out the joining method

23. deb says:

do you have written instruction also?
    thanks

24. Joan says:

Thanks for sharing the graphic chart, love the mix of colours.

25. kara says:

I love those colors!

26. peg decker says:

love these colors…joining is what i would love to have instructions on…it looks simple….(ps…i have done over 50 little christmas stockings!!!) the best…xoxo peg

27. Marcia says:

Olá Sucrette,
    Boa semana pra você,
    adoro seu blog e fico feliz quando recebo as atualizações no meu
    email.
    abraços
    Marcia

28. liliablue says:

Hallo Sucrette!

Merci beaucoup pour ces explications de granny!
    J´apprécie beaucoup votre blog plein de chaleur et de couleurs!
    Merci de nous donner tant de vie par vos créations!
    Bonne continuation!
    Bien amicalement!
    Frédérique

29. Marieh says:

Quel joli blog ! Plein de couleurs et de chaleur !
    Merci pour vos conseils et explications.
    Bien cordialement.
    Marieh

30. [...] can find the pattern of the squares here…They are simple classic squares joined as-I-go using the wonderful pattern of Lucy that you [...]

31. Christine says:

I have always enjoyed making granny square projects. Really like this solid square. Joining all the pieces never bothered me. I am looking forward to trying the solid squares with the as-you-go joining process you referenced from Attic24.
    I am constantly impressed by the colors you choose and the impact created when they are together.
    Thank you for your wonderful blog.

32. Chel C says:

This is fantastic. Exactly what I have been looking for. The colours are great and I love the way even though it is block colours, you can see the textures come through. Thank you for sharing. Chel

33. fafa says:

hi
    would u plz show me the back side of ur blanket. i am trying to make one but i dont know how to hide the remained thread when change color in squares hope to express what i mean.hope to hear from you

34. Annette says:

Can I please have pattern

35. Kate Pongonis says:

Sucrette, this Fall in Love afghan is beautiful. Are there written instructions or only the diagram? I searched for it on Ravelry, but could not find it. I am a new crocheter, so the written instructions would really help. Thanks, Kate

36. Michelle Costanzo says:

I love the “Fall” in love blanket you made. I need the whole pattern though in order to try making it. Is there somewhere I can go to get it? Thank you.

37. Romy Williams says:

This join-as-you-go is exactly what I need. I have oodles of these little squares that I make from leftovers that I intend to make an afghan with when I have enough. I’ll use a neutral color to do the “join” and I know it will look stunning! And … since I do better with diagrams, this is so perfect for me. Huge thanks!!

38. […] The pattern of each square is very classic and can be found here. […]

39. Kate Pongonis says:

Thank you so much for sharing your patterns. This weekend I finished both the Ripples of Happiness AND Fall in Love Afghans. I am now trying to decide about borders. Is the border you show for Fall in Love the same as the one you did for Ole Ole? If not, do you have a pattern for it? I cannot find it. Thank you very much. Kate

40. Michelle says:

are there written instructions for join as you go method? Can’t quite get the diagram. thanks much appreciated

41. Anne Marie says:

I know this is a while ago, and I have tried to do variations of this square but I am at a loss to know where to start, after the first round? Do you start in the corner please? The actual diagram I can understand but not the beginning point. I’m sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I did one from someone else’s written instructions, put a picture on my facebook and someone said that if I slipstitched to the corner, I would not have what looked like ‘seam lines’ where I joined.