Friday * November 21st 2014

A granny shawl for me me me ;)

Good morning lovely ladies around the globe :)

How’s everything?

So, I started something for myself with the sooooo beautiful yarn Joumana sent me…(Joumana, with every stitch I make I think of you and thank you :) )

You know something? I’ve never tried to crochet with something else rather than acrylic and cotton yarn :) funny eh? and I am sooooo enjoying the softness of the alpaca yarn…will I become addicted? Hoping no ;)

I’m crocheting a granny shawl for myself like you already guessed from the title of the post…a big big granny shawl…big enough to wrap me completely :D

Wanna see some pics?

This is the start of my granny shawl…

The pattern is very simple to follow…it is like crocheting a granny square cut in half ;) .

and like all granny squares it is ADDICTIVE and easy and perfect to crochet with a baby, or watching T.V as you don’t need much concentration to make it…

This is the graphic of the shawl if you’re interested in making one for yourself or as a gift for someone special…

It is crocheted in rows.

I managed to add more rows before I wrote this post…This is my progress so far…

Yes it is very fast to crochet ;)

Would you join me in this new adventure? Hope that you will … so we can both wear our big and beautiful granny shawls and think about each others :)

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Big kisses

P.S: “Love birds” the bedspread I was crocheting for our room is almost done…I am making right now its border…so suspect a tadaaaaa post very soon…it will be explosive :)

I am having some problems with the subscriptions and I know that many of you are not receiving e-mails notifications every time I write a new post…I am so sorry about that…I’ll try my best to fix this problem asap.

45 Comments »free patterns, shawl, wips

45 Responses to “A granny shawl for me me me ;)”

1. Helen says:

Looking forward to seeing the new project for you! Have a beautiful day:)!

2. faustine2 says:

Bonjour ,la laine d’alpaga est une laine très douce,tu as été bien gâtée,et tu auras plaisir à porter ce beau châle même avec bébé…bonne continuation et bonne journée.

3. Lucie says:

De la douceur et de la chaleur juste pour toi (ou si ton châle est vraiment très, très grand une petite place en plus pour abriter sous tes ailes tes “oisillons” ! Je suis contente !

4. Esther says:

Oh lovely, must make me one of those these days :-)
    Esther.

5. Barbina says:

Your shawl is so beautiful! It must be a pleasure to crochet with this yarn! The colours are so lovely!
    Sending you lots of hugs and kisses!!! Barbina

6. Janet says:

Beautiful!

7. sara says:

Is there a secret to an easy way to sew in all those different colored ends?

8. Any de Chile says:

Angie,

Queda muy bien la combinación de colores. yo tejí uno igual, pero con una lana matizada… quedan hermosos….

9. Angélique says:

Un magnifique chale half granny ;-) J’en suis pas a mon premier non plus et pas le dernier aussi ;-)
    Il est trés coloré et trés beau.
    Bonne journée

queda magnifico, la combinacion de colores es genial
    anny

11. Lauren says:

I am not familiar with following an illustration pattern. Do you know where I could locate a “written out” version? It is gorgeous, as are ALL of your creations.

12. Carolyn Geoffrey says:

Angie, I love your new shawl and think I will join you and make one for me :) Thank you for sharing the pattern.

I do not believe I have missed being notified of new posts to your blog.

I’ll bet baby Joe is growing fast. Must keep you busy crocheting new things in bigger sizes for him. He’s such a cute little guy.

Carolyn Geoffrey

13. heather says:

That’s the kind of shawl that will make you smile ear-to-ear every time you wear it! Love it!

14. Stocki says:

Beautiful Angie! It looks cosy and warm… and will be lovely to wrap you and your children in together :) LOVE the colours!! Hugs, Jill x

15. Cassandra says:

Your shawl is beautiful, I have made a scarf with that pattern using crochet cotton, and it is a nice mindless pattern to do. I’m glad you are making something for yourself…sometimes you can get so caught up in making things for everyone else that you forget to do something special just for you…I know I do.

16. becky says:

Oh how lovely! You’ll keep warm in the beautiful shawl. Becky

17. Daine M says:

Absolutely delicious granny shawl!! I am looking forward to your post with pictures of your “Lovebirds” bedspread. Happy holidays!! :)

18. GerryART says:

GORGEOUS !
    Your creation is so gorgeous. Such luxury !

How could you not wrap it round yourself and
    feel comforted and loved !

Hugs

19. Darlene Lehman says:

Wonderful choice of project for your new soft yarn; a snuggly warm shawl for yourself!! Will be watching for your progress.

20. Akhila says:

very pretty. I love how neat and colorful it looks. Thanks for the graphics to the pattern. Very helpful. I still need to get the granny stripe down first before i do this one:)

21. Sharon says:

Very nice. I have a granny square I wear in the house during the winter when these old bones feel the cold. :)

22. What a lovely way to use your gifted yarn! The shawl is looking very lovely already :) Karen x

23. Inge says:

Very beautiful!
    Thank you for the graphic of the shawl!

24. Kate/Massachusetts says:

This is such a happy shawl! I would love to make one, too! I’m curious if you have any “tricks” for hiding the yarn tails? I would like the back to look as nice as the front but haven’t learned how to weave in ends cleanly. Thanks!

25. wendy says:

The beginning of a beautiful shawl.

26. Hillary says:

Sucrette,

I have not had a very good day today at all, and as I was getting ready to go to bed, I decided to check your site to see if you had updated. I know that with your new baby you aren’t updating as often as you used to but I check every day just in case! So I was happily surprised to see your new post. It made me so happy and was a great end to my day!! Thank you!! I love your granny shawl and its colors! :)
    And I also love the snowflakes you have falling on your page :) It’s so wonderful!! I wish you a very Happy Christmas if that’s what you celebrate!!

Hugs from Pennsylvania,
    Hillary

27. Flo H says:

Hi Angie, I have made this pattern a lot of times for my friends, they love this granny pattern, very popular in the U.S.A. Your shawl is very pretty as all of your work is. Wishing you the best of everything.
    Sending love and prayers your way from Pennsylvania.

28. gaia says:

Looks lovely, Angie. Can’t wait to see it finished….

29. Lauren says:

Pattern with “words” vs pictures?? :)

30. Noor says:

hello Lucy, thank you for sharing. I like to make a scarf for a very old lady in Hungary( who has nothing warm to wear in wintertime) so I am very glad with this tutorial so I can make one for her.
    Thank You…. Wish you warm Christmasdays!
    Noor

31. Noor says:

sorry for the wrong name!
    Noor

32. Hi Angie, beautiful shawl and Joes blanket is just gorgeous.
    merry Christmas to you and a wonderful New Year!
    ps: im one of the people who is not getting notification of your new posts, but I check your blog regularly.
    Have a beautiful holiday season. ;)

33. Rosa says:

¡¡¡ Feliz Navidad !!!

34. [...] trouvé le modèle sur le site Le monde de Sucrette, A Granny shawl for me me me. Une amoureuse des granny squares comme moi ne pouvait pas, mais vraiment pas passer à côté de [...]

35. Elena says:

Hi Angie,

I just wanted to say thanks for the sheme – I finished my granny shawl today. You can have a look here http://xelenacrochets.blogspot.ru/2013/02/granny-shawl.html
    Thanks for your woderful and inspirational blog.

36. Angela says:

Hi Angie – I love this shawl & would like to try it – can you just tell me how to start – I am looking at your chart & can’t figure how to start do you chain 3 then work into or do you chain 3 & slip not together then work in the center of circle? Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care, Angela, Middletown, NJ, USA

37. Mari says:

I hold the ends of my new color and old color over my crocheting and crochet over it for several inches. Then I don’t have to worry about working in any ends later. I just snip them off after avcouple inches.

38. tyaa says:

It’s beautiful!
    When I look your pictures it’s a line near the number. But I make this shawl and it’s not a “good” line :s
    (quand je regarde votre photo,, la ligne au dessus des nombres est bien horizontale. Je fais le châle d’après les schéma mais je n’obtiens jamais une ligne horizontale :s

39. Rynearson Juanita says:

What size of hook did you use? Beautiful shawl.

40. Regina Wilson says:

I love your designs, but do not know how to crochet using diagrams. Would you have written directions?

Regina

41. lizette says:

thanks a lot for the chart pattern doing a soft pink for mother in law for her 80th bday prezzie. hugs. i LOVE your blog and help my as a beginner a lot.

42. Vanessa says:

Hi! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations and tutorials! I am making the granny shawl, and followed a diagram (for this) for the first time. It was a great place to begin, and giving me confidence that I may follow a bigger pattern from diagram format! :)
    I’m making the shawl for my mom’s best friend, who’s currently in the hospital. I must hurry to finish, because she may go home today. :)
    Thank you again!

Kind regards,
    Vanessa (from Oregon, USA)